Recruitment has ended for Winter 2021. Thank you for your applications!
The U of T Science Communication Club is looking for new members who want to make science more accessible to the general public. We welcome students and alumni from all fields of study at U of T. If you have a knack for science or want something cool on your resume, the SCC is the perfect place for you!
The following positions are available in the Winter 2021 semester:
- Research and write articles on a STEM topic of your choice
- Work with an illustrator who will create the cover illustration of your article
- Commitment: a minimum of 2 articles per semester
- Work with a writer to create an eye-catching illustration that best represents their article
- Commitment: a minimum of 2 illustrations per semester
Event Marketing Coordinator (1)
- As part of the Events Committee, the Marketing Coordinator develops and executes marketing campaigns for SCC events
- Duties might include: devising marketing strategy and schedule, managing social media promotions, conducting event post-mortems with other event coordinators
- Commitment: The Events Committee organizes a minimum of 1 event per semester
Graphic Designer (1)
- Work with the Events Committee to create marketing materials (i.e. event banner and social media posts)
- Optional: If interested, the graphic designer can also work on projects outside of Events, such as article illustrations, club magazine, etc.
How to apply:
Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, January 31st.
Let us know why you’re interested in joining! Please include any experience you have and samples of your work if applicable. You can provide a link to your work or attach it within the email.
You are welcome to apply for more than one position.